Friday, July 01, 2011

July 3, 2011 at Dakota


Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. (Luke 6:46-48)

The first long weekend of summer is upon us bringing beautiful warm weather, Canada Day celebrations, CFL Football, BBQ’s and family gatherings. I hope for many of you the weekend will also include the Sunday morning gathering of the saints at Dakota Community Church.
I am so excited about the “Summer on the High Seas” Sermon series that kicks off this Sunday!
Jesus told us that we should build our lives on a solid foundation of rock by digging deep, getting to know His Word and putting that knowledge into practice. Included in this instruction is an ominous warning revealing its importance - eventually our construction will be tested by torrential storm waters!
Please join me over the next four Sundays as we examine the lives of some famous Bible characters who found themselves in the middle of torrential storms on the high seas; each of them for different reasons. Our goal is to learn how we wind up in the midst of life’s storms - and how to survive them!
.

No comments: