Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 17, 2011 at Dakota



Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. (Lukee 6:46-48)

I hope you will join me this Sunday for week three of our “Summer on the High Seas” Sermon series!
We are looking at various causes for the devastating storms that come and test the very foundations that we have built our lives upon. Is your life standing on the solid rock foundation of Christ, hearing, knowing, and acting upon His word; or are you unwittingly building on something else? (Sand)

So far we have looked at the self-inflicted storm (As in the case of Jonah) and at the storm caused by the actions of another. (As with Paul)

This week will look at the devastating effects of Satan's deceptive storm in the life of a man named Hymenaeus. Is it possible for someone who once believed to fall away from faith and be eternally lost? If someone does fall away and deny Christ - does it mean that they were never really reborn?



No comments: