Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 24, 2011 at Dakota


Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. (Luke 6:46-48)

Please join me this Sunday morning for the fourth and final week of the “Summer on the High Seas” Sermon series!

We have been looking at various causes for the devastating storms that come and test the foundations that we have built our lives upon. Are we standing on the rock solid foundation of Christ; or are we unwittingly building on shifting sand?

So far we have looked at the self-inflicted storm (As in the case of Jonah); at the storm caused by the actions of another (As with Paul), and at the devastating storms brought by Satan’s deceptive schemes in the life of Hymenaeus.

This week we are going to turn our attention to the dilemma of Jesus’ disciples who find themselves “straining at the oars” and “buffeted” by the waves. Jesus defies the laws of nature in order to rescue them, first walking on water and then commanding the storm to be calm. How did the disciples get into this storm and - why was it necessary?

I hope I will see you Sunday morning!

No comments: