Thursday, September 14, 2017

Sunday Morning Preview - September 17, 2017

This Sunday morning at DCC we continue our Summer Series on the Lord’s Prayer with a sermon entitled “Cause Us To Flee”.

Jesus now instructs his disciples to ask the Father for deliverance from temptation and evil —  indicating that this is a necessity on par with the need for forgiveness or daily bread. The situation, as the Apostle Paul describes it:

“I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin…”

In light of this truth, how are believers to treat the ongoing reality of temptation and sin? Are we meant to just ignore it? Should we pretend sin doesn’t exist, dusting ourselves off after each fall and denying that anything happened? Or are we are meant to drag ourselves through life under the constant weight of guilt and shame?

I hope you will join me as we rejoice in the often elusive gospel solution to the problem at hand.


Pastor Dan 

No comments: