Thursday, March 15, 2018

Sunday Morning Preview - March 18, 2018

We’ve spent the last little while in the book of Malachi reviewing God’s accusation that His people are not treating Him as Holy, citing their conduct as evidence. 
Now the children of Israel give a defense of their behaviour saying, “God blesses the wicked and allows injustice to go unchecked. How can He expect to be revered as holy and sovereign when this is the case?” 

I can see their point and will admit I too find it frustrating when the wicked prosper.

On Tuesday night I watched the Jets lose to Nashville and I had to change the channel I was so upset. The Predators  were playing really dirty hockey; slashing, hooking, holding, and cross-checking in plain view of the officials who were clearly calling the game with a strong bias for the home team. 
Most of you are probably noticing a more obvious bias. 
Could something similar be happening when we accuse the Lord of allowing injustice?

Please join me this Sunday as we examine this issue in greater detail and discover God’s exciting response. 

Pastor Dan

No comments: