Friday, August 04, 2017

Sunday Morning Preview - August 6, 2017

Please join me Sunday morning as we return to our Summer Series on the Lord’s Prayer with a message entitled “Daily Bread.

In the early days of DCC there were many times when money was scarce and pastoral paydays occurred more like pleasant surprises than regularly-scheduled events. I wish I could tell you that I handled those times with graceful patience and a deep trust in the Lord - but to do so would be worse than a lie! I grumbled and complained - A LOT. I did things I should not have done. At times I endured mistreatment, not for godly reasons, but for fear of losing someone and their offerings. A close friend used to frequently listen to my griping and attempt to lift my mood by  telling me that all my problems would end as soon as I could get my hands on some “Forget you”* money. 
{*Not his exact phrase.}

It may surprise you to learn that when I look back on those difficult days now my heart swells with gratitude to the Lord for each of them. They are among the most precious of God’s gifts to me. Each one was an effective tool, crushing foolish pride, stripping away the drive for sinful independence, and opening my eyes to my deep need of daily bread.


Pastor Dan 

No comments: