Friday, July 14, 2017

Sunday Morning Preview - July 16, 2017

A Google search of the phrase, “How can I know the will of God?” returns nearly 48,000 responses in just over half a second. Of the 10 links on the first page I was pleasantly surprised to discover that 9 of them directed me to the Bible as the primary source for the answer to my query. 

In teaching us to pray, “Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” Jesus is revealing some significant spiritual truth. In one brief sentence we understand that God is a king, that he rules according to His will, that in heaven His will is always obeyed and that we are to desire His will to be obeyed in the same way here on earth. Going to the Bible I soon discover that much of the will of God seems to run contrary to my will, in fact it often appears that to submit to it will result in an immediate end of my personal happiness. 

God wants His children to be happy, doesn’t He?
Please join me Sunday for more on the Lord’s Prayer in a message entitled “Thy Will Be Done”.


Pastor Dan 

No comments: