Thursday, July 07, 2016

Sunday Morning Preview - July 10, 2016

I hope everyone will be able to join me this Sunday morning at Dakota as we kick off our Summer Series: “In Search of Truth; Does the Bible Really Teach That?” The first sermon is entitled; “Jesus and the Scriptures.”

What do you believe about God? 
Is He loving? Is He merciful? Does he accept repentant sinners? 
Can we even know  the answer to questions like these with any kind of certainty? 

Christians are able to know God because He has revealed Himself in the scriptures by way of Holy Spirit inspired authors.
The man who says I believe Jesus would heal me, but that He will not judge the world is being inconsistent in his reasoning. The same Bible that reveals Him as a healer also says that He will judge the world.

There are many reasons why we trust the scriptures as authoritative but this week I want to look at what I consider to be the number one reason for doing so: how Jesus himself handled the scriptures.
See you Sunday morning.


Pastor Dan

No comments: