Thursday, September 04, 2014

Sunday September 7, 2014 at Dakota

For the summer of 2014 at Dakota we are studying the Ten Commandments, especially in light of the New Covenant. 

Do you ever complain about your lot in life relative to someone else?
Why can sister so-and-so sing like that while you sound like someone is torturing a duck?
Why does that coworker always get the breaks?
How come you can’t have that marriage, or that inheritance, or that giftedness, or those looks?

When I want for myself the things that God has given to someone else - I am coveting.

I think we have come to believe that coveting (though we don’t call it that) is a virtue in our day, almost all advertising is designed to tempt us to covet and I’m pretty sure our economy would collapse if everyone stopped.

Is it even possible to live in this world at this time without committing this sin?
What does the Bible teach about covetousness and how are believers to live in opposition to it? 


I hope you’ll join me this Sunday for the conclusion of “The Ten Commandments"

No comments: