Friday, November 09, 2012

Sunday Morning Preview - Nov. 11, 2012



We will continue this Sunday morning with our walk through the book of Ephesians, seeking to better understand the ministry gift/office of “Prophet” and how it functions.

After last weeks panel discussion I have had a number of questions and comments that I think we should address in the congregational setting. Some of them include:

Is the idea of “making mistakes” in learning the prophetic really biblical?
If there are mistakes made should the whole process be called “prophetic” or is there some other way of describing it?
Is there any chance I will be put on the spot and asked to "prophesy" or to be "prophesied over"?
How is error to be recognized and properly addressed.
My experience is that cults use the (false) prophetic to manipulate and control members; how is that safe guarded against?

I hope to see you all Sunday morning!

No comments: