Thursday, September 29, 2011

October 2, 2011 at Dakota



...we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience... (Colossians 1:9-13) 

Many of you who have been consistently attending DCC in recent times will be able to attest to the fact that your pastor is fired-up about grace! I have always been enthusiastic where the gospel is concerned but lately something new has happened in me, I believe God has opened my eyes and given me a greater understanding of His merciful grace - the result has been revolutionary, exhilarating and oh so liberating! I can’t stop thinking about what Jesus has done for me and this obsession is invading every area of my life. In the shadow of the cross; everything comes into proper perspective, narcissistic ideals collapse, selfish ambitions fade, eternal treasures loom large; in the words of Tim McGraw: “I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!

Please join me this Sunday at Dakota for “more of it” and by “it” - I mean GRACE!

In “Grace Transforms 4” we will continue to look at just how grace becomes an agent of real change in the Christians life. Grace transforms: (a) When the gospel remains central. (b) When the gospel is not turned back into law. And (c) When we understand the great exchange - substitutionary atonement. More on Sunday.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which law in the Bible EXACTLY is gone? It used to be that obeying the law was a good thing.....now we no longer need to obey them, now that Jesus died for our sins, yes, for the very thing of disobeying the law? Do you see this "new" concept of grace doesn't hold water? We still need to obey Him, His way, in our forgiven state. His commandments never went away......read the psalms.....David loved His Laws. Shouldn't we be like David?

Psalm 119:48 I lift up my hands to your commands, which I love, and I meditate on your decrees.

Dan Cormie said...

Dear Anonymous,
Questions:

What gives you the impression that I am saying the law is gone or that we don't have to obey it? (I'm not!)

Do you believe you are keeping the law? How does this effect your standing with God and with fellow believers?

What do you think this means?

"Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”
Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” - John 6:28-29

I would love to discuss this further - please leave your name.
Dan Cormie