This Sunday morning we will wrap up our look at the ministry gift/office of “Prophet” and how it functions by seeking the answers to the following questions:
- I have been a Christian for a long time but have not seen any of these gifts functioning, wouldn’t this indicate that these things have passed away?
- Should prophesy bring hope and encouragement and confirm something that is already in your heart. What about the prophesy that doesn't bring hope and encouragement?
- Should every prophetic word be brought before the elders and if so why?
- When the Spirit speaks to us, is that always prophesy? Is this just semantics?
- Is the Spirit of God equal to the Spirit of Prophesy (or not)?
- Is there any chance I will be put on the spot and asked to prophesy or to be prophesied over?
- How is error to be recognized and properly addressed.
- My experience is that cults use the (false) prophetic to manipulate and control members; how is that safe guarded against?
I hope to see you all Sunday morning!