Thursday, July 06, 2017

Sunday Morning Preview - July 9, 2017

Those of you who have been listening to my sermons for any length of time will already know that I am a member of that elite Canadian social group known affectionately by its members as “Military Brats.” What you may not be aware of is that I was born to Canadian parents who were stationed “abroad” and that means I enjoy the privilege of dual citizenship. I carry two passports and I am free to make my home either in Canada or in the land of my birth. 

In the late fourth century Augustine of Hippo spoke of a city of God and a city of man as a way to explain that all Christians are in fact dual citizens. We are citizens of the Kingdom of God and at the same time citizens of the kingdom of man. The city of God is eternal while the city of man is temporary, however, because God made the city of man for His glory we cannot despise or abandon it. Each of these two cities are characterized by a love of their own so Jesus taught Christians to pray for the coming of God’s Kingdom on earth.

Please join me Sunday morning for a message I have entitled “City of God”. 

Pastor Dan 

No comments: