Thursday, May 05, 2011

May 8, 2011 at Dakota

The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt. (Exodus 12:13)

I hope you will be able to join me this Sunday morning at DCC as we celebrate what God has done for us in Christ, and continue to grow in grace - by feasting on His Holy Word.

Pre-Service prayer begins at 9:45 followed by a wonderful time of praise and worship beginning at 10:30.
“Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! (Isaiah 49:15)

This week we will also share Communion and mark Mother’s day with a word of exhortation and a small gift for all the moms who are present!

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. (Ephesians 2:4-5)
 My message will be the conclusion of “The Gospel of His Great Mercy” which I started way back on March 27th. I want to look further at an apparent contradiction in God’s character as He has revealed Himself in scripture. Is He the condemning judge of sin and wickedness or the merciful, forgiving prodigal’s Father? Topics to be discussed include: - The “Prosperity Gospel” explanation, - The problem with making the text subjective, - The problem of reasoning with post-modern thinkers, and - The orthodox solution.




Hope to see you there!

.

No comments: