Monday, November 23, 2009

The Christian Side Hug?

Those who have known me since back in my youth ministry days will be able to appreciate how difficult this is for me to watch. Part of me wants to laugh hoping it is only a silly spoof of some kind, but the larger part of me still weeps over heavy burdens and a gospel message that is anything but good news.



"I'm sorry Lord for the thing I made it - When it's all about You, it's all about You Jesus!" 

When Christianity becomes a legalistic series of rules to keep and hoops to jump through is it any wonder so many have tried it out and left the fold without ever really coming to know the condemnation free life that belongs to those who are "in Christ".

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

.

No comments: