Thursday, December 22, 2016

Sunday Morning Preview - December 25, 2016

It happened twice during the years that my sons were growing up - Christmas Day falling on the Sunday - and both times I wrestled with the decision whether or not to cancel church services. In those days we were following a more “seeker sensitive” style of ministry and the idea was that cancelling would be more popular with the unchurched masses that were beating a path to our gatherings.  (You all remember that right?)

Both times; as with this year, the decision was made to hold Sunday service as usual despite the possible stigma of upsetting anxious gift recipients. 
Those two Christmases stand out in my memory as absolute favourites, and it is my hope that many of you will have a similar experience this year. 

Please join me this Sunday morning at 10:30 as we celebrate Christ the newborn King!

Pastor Dan

No comments: