Saturday, October 29, 2016

Sunday Morning Preview - October 30, 2016

Well, it has been just shy of a year and half since we last turned our attention to the Book of Judges. We left off our study in the life of Gideon and I am excited to get back into it for the next few weeks focusing on the final major character from this period of Israel’s history; the famous/infamous Samson.

I’m not sure how many of you will share the kind of memories I have of childhood Sunday School lessons that involved felt-boards and colouring pages that featured “Bible Heroes” of the faith like Daniel and the lions den, David and Goliath, and powerful, long-haired Samson.

Most of those lessons seemed to be about the exploits of these heroes and my responsibility to be like them; 
Samson killed 1000 of God’s enemies with the jawbone of a donkey! Who here is willing to be strong for God like Samson?

Actually, using these men as examples to follow in anything other than their reliance upon and need of God is to miss the entire point of the Bible. I hope you will join me as we marvel at the grace of God as seen in the life and calling of Samson. 


Pastor Dan

No comments: