Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sunday Morning Preview - September 13, 2015

Since 2002 I have been sharing many of my sermons on the internet at a website called Sermon Central as a way of blessing other ministers in their times of preaching preparation. Once a sermon is ready to present to a congregation it can be very helpful to look at what other pastors have had to say on the same topic or passage of scripture. My sermons at SC have been viewed over 400,000 times and I receive requests for powerpoint presentations from all over the world, almost every week. The problem is that since 2002 I have undergone a complete theological transformation and many of the sermons from those earlier days in the ministry are; to put it nicely, “A little off.” 

In order to at least partially remedy this situation I am presenting a series entitled; Sermon “Do-Over” in which I will select an old sermon and theologically point out and correct the errors it contains.

The sermon I have selected for this second instalment is one I originally preached on January 11, 2004. If you would like to review it in advance - Kill Your Giant - can be seen here: 


I hope to see you all Sunday!

No comments: