Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sunday Morning September 22, 2013 at Dakota


This Sunday at Dakota Community Church the plan is to complete our Summer 2013 series, “Building Community” (based on a portion of “Gospel in Life” by Tim Keller) with the tenth and final sermon, entitled - “Serving One Another’s Interests Rather Than Our Own.” 

How bent in on ourselves do we have to be that we approach even community with purely selfish motives - and yet somehow that is the condition in which we often find ourselves. We agree that Jesus was humble and that we should be as well; but then we swell up with pride in defense of our selfish motives and actions.
Have you ever been guilty of saying, or at least of thinking, any of the following:
“Well turn the other cheek doesn’t mean we should just TURN THE OTHER CHEEK!”
“You can’t expect me to prefer my brother every time - I”ll never get anything done my way.”
“What about everyone else preferring me - for a change?” 

I hope you will join me this Sunday as we deal with these issues and wrap up our Summer 2013 series!
Pastor Dan

No comments: