Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sunday Morning Preview - July 28, 2013


This Sunday at Dakota Community Church the plan is to continue our Summer 2013 series, “Building Community” (based on a portion of “Gospel in Life” by Tim Keller) with the third of nine sermons, this one entitled - “Affirming One Another Through Visible Affection.” 

In all honesty I am not a big fan of public displays of affection. 
Big surprise I know!
When it comes to hugs and hand shakes I tend to become uncomfortable, very aware of my personal space and sometimes even, thanks to Howie Mandel I think, a little germaphobic.
The question is - is it okay for me, and for christians like me; to shrug our shoulders and say, “That’s just how I am, if you have a problem with it - get over it?” 
I want to give myself an unqualified “yes - that is okay” answer to that, but the Bible must be considered... 
Hope you’ll join me Sunday morning,

No comments: