Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sunday Preview - January 13, 2013



Well friends it’s January, and this Sunday will mark the first sermon I preach in 2013. If not for a revolutionary reawakening to the gospel, I would be trying to get you to take stock of your Christian progress. I would be asking you about God’s big dream for you, your “special” purpose, or maybe your Devine destiny! - I would be trying to wind you up, to launch you into another year of “DOING MORE” and “TRYING HARDER”.

I have some Good News for you - I’m not going to do any of that this year, in fact as you may have guessed from the title of this sermon, instead of pumping your tires about how special you are - I intend to do the opposite.
I want to encourage you to abandon entirely the idea that you are special. We both know that in the story of David and Goliath - we aren’t David! No, you and I are members of the cowering masses up on the hillside; desperately needing someone to come and save us.
I am going to encourage you at the start of this new year, to totally abandon yourself to nothingness in Christ. In the words of John the Baptist, in 2013, I want us to say “He must become greater, I must become less.”

I hope to see you this Sunday morning for: “2013 Aim Low

Pastor Dan

No comments: