Thursday, August 11, 2011

August 14, 2011 at Dakota


I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.
I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.
(Isaiah 46:9-11)

This Sunday morning we will begin a new series entitled: “God’s Incommunicable Attributes”.

Who is God and what is He like?
If we are made in His image does that mean that He is just like us?
Do we share any of His qualities?
In what ways is He different from us and how can any of these things be known?

Our goal as believers is to know God; not to merely gain information about Him, however we have all met people with some pretty strange ideas that they claim have come out of their experience of God. We want to know the one true God as He is, as He has revealed Himself, not as we imagine or presume Him to be.

This series is about the attributes of God that differ from our own. We will begin with immutability; unlike us, God does not change. Not ever, not even a little bit.

Hope to see you Sunday!

No comments: